Sony Xperia Z is received Android 4.4 KitKat custom ROM from CyanogenMod. The CM 11 ROM has comes with latest Android 4.4 features. This is from CyanogenMod Developers. You can upgrade your phone to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Operating System by installing this custom ROM on your C6603, C6602 device. It works fine while tested this on our device. Be aware before processing this tutorial that this is not an official update from Sony. First your device must be bootloader unlocked. Here is a guide to update your Sony Xperia Z to Android 4.4 KitKat CM 11 ROM.
Warning before installing Android 4.4 KitKat CyanogenMOD 11 ROM on Sony Xperia Z:
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this ROM. If any problem happens that related to installing, we will help you to solve it.
- Use this guide at your own risk. We shall not have any liability or responsibility for whatever happens to you and your device by using the instructions in this guide.
- The instructions provided in this tutorial for educational purpose only. There is no guarantee that these steps will work for your device.
- The steps given in this tutorial is only to use with Sony Xperia Z and model number is C6603, C6602. Applying this guide to any other device or any other model may produce many problems.
- Read and Understand the whole tutorial first, before going to perform the steps.
Pre Requirements to Install Android 4.4 KitKat CyanogenMOD ROM on Sony Xperia Z:
- A Bootloader unlocked Sony Xperia Z Android Smartphone. Check this – How to Unlock Sony Xperia Z bootloader
- A PC or Laptop with Working Internet connection.
- We recommend you to take a backup of your data in the mobile using PC suite or any other method. After the process, the data won’t be deleted. In case if you miss some data you can restore it from the backup file.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- Then maintain minimum 60% charge in your mobile’s battery. This will help your device to don’t get switched off.
- And Enable USB Debugging – “Settings > Developer Settings> USB Debugging”. Check this – How to Enable USB Debugging in Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Then Disable any antiviruses and firewalls in your PC or Laptop. Because these tools may interrupts the process during the rooting.
Downloadable files to install Android 4.4 KitKat CM11 ROM on Sony Xperia Z:
The following files are need to perform the process in the guide. So, download the following files one by one. And make sure that you have downloaded all the files. If the following download links were broken. Inform us to re post the download files.
- ROM – download any 1 file – Here
- Gapps – pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131126-signed.zip (245.50 MB) – Here
How to install Android 4.4 KitKat CM11 ROM on Sony Xperia Z C6603, C6602:
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot has configured on your computer. It is needed for this guide.
- Make sure Bootloader unlocked on your mobile.
- Connect your phone to PC or laptop with original USB Data cable. That you got when you bought the phone. Because using other cables may produce not detecting problems.
- Transfer the downloaded files to your mobile’s SD card.
- Copy the boot.img file into android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
- Switch off the mobile.
- Open in Fastboot Mode by pressing and holding VOLUME UP while connecting with computer.
- Then Open android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools in Computer.
- Then Open Command prompt by Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Type the following command prompt and hit enter
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- And after that type the following and hit enter
- Then follow the simple onscreen instructions.
- After that, Reboot into recovery mode. For that, switch on the phone, while phone restarts showing boot logo, press and hold VOLUME UP button.
- Do the following: “Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes”
- Do the following: “Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes”
- Do the following: “Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes”
- Do the following: “Mounts and Storage > Format /system > Yes”
- After the above process, select the “Install Zip from SD card” and then “Choose zip from SD card”
- Now choose the downloaded file ROM file that downloaded earlier.
- Then confirm it and wait for the process complete. It takes some long time to complete.
- And again do the process for Google apps, select the “Install Zip from SD card” and then “Choose zip from SD card”
- Now choose the downloaded file “pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131126-signed.zip”
- And confirm it and wait for the process complete. It takes some long time to complete.
- Then select “Go Back > Reboot System now” to reboot the phone.
- Normally first boot take some long time to complete. It will install the updates on the first boot. So, wait un till it finishes the booting process.
- If your phone has stuck on the welcome screen or boot screen, just remove the battery and re insert it and do the above steps again.
Check this also – How to Root Sony Xperia Z
You can get all the news and guides about Sony Xperia Z – Here
You made it easily! CyanogenMod 11 Kitkat ROM has been successfully installed on your Sony Xperia Z. If you face any kind of problem, trouble or have any issue that may be difficult to understand how to do it with this guide, then don’t stop to inform us. Do share in comment section in case if you face any problems or met any errors in firmware update process. Your problems, suggestions or any other issues will be clarified and the correct answer or solution for your problem will be given to your comment as soon as possible.
In future, we will update installing Custom ROM’s on your Sony Xperia Z. So, stay updated with us by subscribing our newsletters, Facebook fan, Twitter follower, And Google Plus page. Now you have successfully learned how to install Android 4.4 KitKat CM11 ROM on Sony Xperia Z.
Incoming search terms:
- xperia z kitkat
- fastboot file sony Xperia z kitkat
- Download custom rom of xperia z1 kitkat
- cyanogenmod xperia z c6602
- custom rom for Xperia z c6602
- custom ROM android 4 4 kitkat z
- cm11for sony xperia z
- cm11 for Xperia z c6602
- cm for Xperia c6602
- Cara instal cm 11 sony c6603