Sony Xperia S is received Android 4.4 KitKat custom ROM from CyanogenMod. The CM11.0 has comes with latest Android 4.4.2. This is not an official update from Sony. You can upgrade your phone to Android 4.4 KitKat Operating System by installing this custom CM11.0 ROM on your device. It works fine while tested this on our device. Be aware before processing this tutorial that this is not an official update from Sony. All credits goes to the original ROM developer CyanogenMod. In this tutorial you have to download two files. One is ROM file and another one is Gapps. Google Apps is not included in the ROM file. So download the extra one. Here is a guide to update your Sony Xperia S to Android 4.4 KitKat CM11.0 ROM.
Warning before installing Android 4.4 KitKat CM11 ROM on Sony Xperia S:
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this ROM. If any problem happens that related to installing, we will help you to solve it.
- Use this guide at your own risk. We shall not have any liability or responsibility for whatever happens to you and your device by using the instructions in this guide.
- Read and Understand the whole tutorial first, before going to perform the steps.
Pre Requirements to Install Android 4.4 KitKat CM11 ROM on Sony Xperia S:
- A Sony Xperia S Android smartphone.
- A PC or Laptop with Working Internet connection.
- We recommend you to take a backup of your data in the mobile using PC suite or any other method. After the process, the data won’t be deleted. In case if you miss some data you can restore it from the backup file.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- Then maintain minimum 60% charge in your mobile’s battery. This will help your device to don’t get switched off.
- And Enable USB Debugging – “Settings > Developer Settings> USB Debugging”. Check this – How to Enable USB Debugging in Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Then Disable any antiviruses and firewalls in your PC or Laptop. Because these tools may interrupts the process during the rooting.
- CM11 Beta 3 – OpenSEMC-kk-beta3.zip (206.44 MB) – Here
- Gapps – gapps-kk-20131208.zip (98.71 MB) – Here
How to Update Sony Xperia S to Android 4.4 KitKat by CM11.0 ROM:
- Connect your phone to PC or laptop with original USB Data cable. That you got when you bought the phone. Because using other cables may produce not detecting problems.
- Transfer the downloaded files to your mobile’s SD card.
- Disconnect the cable from the Computer.
- Switch off the mobile.
- After that, Reboot into recovery mode. For that, switch on the phone, press and hold “Volume Up + Power” buttons together. Check this guide: Open Recovery Mode in Sony Xperia S
- Do Wipe All the caches like dalvik, system, etc,.
- Do the following: “Mounts and Storage > Format /system > Yes”
- After the above process, select the “Install Zip from SD card” and then “Choose zip from SD card”
- Now choose the downloaded file CM11 ROM file “OpenSEMC-kk-beta3.zip” that downloaded earlier.
- Then confirm it and wait for the process complete. It takes some long time to complete.
- Then again do the same process, select the “Install Zip from SD card” and then “Choose zip from SD card”
- Choose the Gapps file “gapps-kk-20131208.zip”.
- And confirm it on next page and wait for the process complete. It takes some long time to complete.
- Then select “Go Back > Reboot System now” to reboot the phone.
- Normally first boot take some long time to complete. It will install the updates on the first boot. So, wait un till it finishes the booting process.
- If your phone has stuck on the welcome screen or boot screen, just remove the battery and re insert it and do the above steps again.
You can get all our tutorials about your mobile – Here
Check this also – How to download Paid Android Apps for Free
In future, we will update installing Custom ROM’s and some other guides for your device. So, stay connected with us by subscribing our newsletters, Facebook fan, Twitter follower, And Google Plus page. Now you have successfully learned how to install Android 4.4 CyanogenMod on your Sony Xperia S.
I do all the manipulations, but when I reboot nothing do
“If your phone has stuck on the welcome screen or boot screen, just remove the battery and re insert it and do the above steps again.”
… Sony Xperia S have a fixed battery =_=
I have tried this update. but after reboot phone not turning on. Pls help !!
Hi, I have an Experia S LT26i, it is rooted, BUT the bootloader has status : bootloader unlock not allowed. Does this howto still work then ?