Samsung Epic 4G Touch Android Smartphone comes with Sprint carrier now can officially upgrade it to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Epic 4G Touch has now officially rolled out. You can update your mobile with Odin tool by this tutorial. The Jelly Bean firmware for the device is named as FJ 10. Unfortunately the upgrade is not available for all countries. It only available for selected countries. But, with this guide you can update your firmware without any country restrictions.
The Samsung Galaxy S2 for sprint named as Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 mobile has comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread as a default operating system. After some long days, Samsung and Sprint announced their upgrade process. The phone has 8 Mega Pixel Camera with LED Flash capable to Record HD videos and 2 Mega Pixel front facing Camera. It has 4.5 inch display which have 480 x 800 resolution coming with Gorilla Class. The phone is good compared with other phones having 1.2GHz Processor. If you rooted your phone before, it will delete the root file. And flash new OS in the mobile.
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this guide to on your phone. If any problem happened that related to upgrading instructions, we will help you to solve it.
- This may void the warranty of your phone.
- Use this guide at your own risk. We shall not have any liability or responsibility for whatever happens to you and your device by using the instructions in this guide.
- The instructions provided in this tutorial for educational purpose only. There is no guarantee that these steps will work for your device.
- The steps given in this tutorial is only to use with Samsung Epic 4G Touch and the model number is SPH-D710. Applying this guide to any other device or any other model may produce many problems.
- Read and Understand the whole tutorial first, before going to perform the steps.
Pre Requirements to Upgrade Samsung Epic 4G Touch to Jelly Bean:
- We recommend you to take a backup of your data in the mobile using PC suite or any other method. After updating the mobile, the data will be deleted. In case if you want older data you can restore it from the backup file.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- And maintain minimum 60% charge in your mobile’s battery. This will help your device to don’t get switched off.
- Then Enable USB Debugging – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”
- After that Disable all antiviruses and firewalls in your PC or Laptop. Because these tools interrupts the process during the updating.
Assure that the mentioned above steps are done, then move over to the following instructions to apply the firmware update.
How to Update Samsung Epic 4G Touch to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean:
- You must have a Samsung drivers. So, install the drivers on your PC.
- Download the Samsung Epic 4G Touch Jelly Bean Android 4.1 firmware – Here
- And Download the Odin tool – Here
- Download the both files in your Computer or Laptop. And place those files in same folder.
- Now switch off your phone. Then only we open the Download mode in your device. This guide works on Download mode only.
- Then Press Volume Down Key + Power button together when switched off. After that your device will move on to Download mode. In case, some times it will enter into normal mode. That time you need to redo the process. Press button together untill you get the download mode option.
- Then Open the Odin tool in your PC or Laptop.
- After that connect your phone via Original USB cable that you are got it with your phone. If you use any other cables from any other manufacturer, not detecting problems may be happen.
- In Odin the ID:COM area has been turned into yellow color. If didn’t, your device was not connected successfully.
- Then In Odin, Click “PDA” button and choose the file named as [odin][tar]PLATFORM_U1_TEST_20121011.141703_REV00_eng_mid_nos hip.tar.md5 that you are downloaded earlier.
- And Click “CSC” and Choose the file [odin][tar]CSC_HOME_SPR_D710SPRLS1_20121011.141703_REV00_eng_ mid_noship.tar.md5 in the downloaded folder.
- Then click “Start” button.
- Please wait for the process finish. It will take around 5 minutes to complete it.
- After the process finish, it will automatically reboots your phone.
- After restarting the phone, you can disconnect your device from the PC or Laptop.
- If you want to know whether the update is installed or not, just move on to “Settings > About Phone” then you will find the Android version as 4.1 Jelly Bean.
You can get all the news and tutorials about Samsung Epic 4G Touch – Here
Do share your problems in comment section then we will help you to solve. We will update installing custom ROM’s for Samsung Epic 4G touch in future. So, stay updated. Now you have successfully learned how to upgrade Samsung Epic 4G Touch to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Incoming search terms:
- sph-d710 jelly bean
- sph d710 jelly bean
- sph-d710 jelly bean update
- d710 jelly bean
- jelly bean for sph-d710
- sprint samsung galaxy s2 jelly bean update
- epic 4g touch jelly bean official
- samsung galaxy s2 sph-d710 jelly bean
- jelly bean sph-d710
- galaxy s2 D710 Jelly Bean update