Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM for LG Optimus Black P970 is now available to install on your phone. The Jelly Bean ROM is named as AOKP Jelly Bean ROM. You can upgrade your LG Optimus Black to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Operating System mobile with this guide.
The LG Optimus Black has comes with Android 2.2 Froyo as a default Operating system. You can upgrade your phone to Android 2.3 Gingerbread official in LG website. But, Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) update is not available for the phone officially. The update may be available in future. The phone has comes with 4 inch IPS Nova Display. And having 5 Mega Pixel Primary camera and 2 Mega Pixel Secondary camera. And the phone is one of the good phone which comes with 1 GHz Cortex A8 Processor.
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this ROM. If any problem happens that related to installing, we will help you to solve it.
- Use this guide at your own risk. We shall not have any liability or responsibility for whatever happens to you and your device by using the instructions in this guide.
- The instructions provided in this tutorial for educational purpose only. There is no guarantee that these steps will work for your device.
- The steps given in this tutorial is only to use with LG Optimus Black and the model number P970. Applying this guide to any other device or any other model may produce many problems.
- Read and Understand the whole tutorial first, before going to perform the steps.
Pre Requirements to Install Jelly Bean on LG Optimus Black P970:
- First your Mobile must be rooted. Check this – How to Root LG Optimus Black
- After that install ClockWorkMod Custom Recovery on your mobile. Check this – How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery on LG Optimus Black
- We recommend you to take a backup of the data in your phone. After installing the ROM, all the files and data will be deleted. Then if you want, you can restore it.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- Then maintain minimum 60% charge in your phone’s battery. This will help you to don’t get switched of your phone.
- And disable any antivirus and firewalls too.
How to Upgrade LG Optimus Black P970 to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean:
- Download the AOKP Build 4 ROM ( aokp_p970_build_4.zip ) – Here
- Then Download the Google Apps (gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip) – Here
- Copy and move the downloaded files to SD card via USB data cable.
- Disconnect from Computer.
- Open ROM Manager from app list. And select “Reboot into Recovery”
- Then your phone will move on to ClockWorkMod Recovery page.
- Select Wipe/Data reset and confirm it on the next page.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm it on the next page.
- Go back to Main menu of the Recovery page, Select Advanced and then Select Wipe Dalvik Cache and confirm it on its next page.
- Then Go back to Main Menu, and select Install Zip from SD card and then select Choose Zip from SD card.
- After that browse and choose the downloaded zip file. Then confirm it on the next screen.
- Then again do it also for Google Apps.
- This will install the ROM from you selected zip file to your mobile phone. Wait for the installation process finish.
- After the installation complete, Go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now option to restart your phone.
You can get all the news and Guides about LG Optimus Black P970 – Here
If you met any problems or any errors in firmware update process please tell us in comment section. We will update installing custom ROM’s on LG Optimus Black in future. Now you have successfully learned how to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on LG Optimus Black P970.
Incoming search terms:
- lg optimus black jelly bean update
- lg p970 android 4 1
- lg optimus black jelly bean
- p970 jelly bean
- lg optimus black android 4 1
- jelly bean lg p970
- lg optimus l9 jelly bean update
- lg p970 android 4 2
- jelly bean for lg p970