Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Rom for LG Optimus Black P970 is named as JellyBeer is available to install on your phone. You already knows that, due to hardware limitations the phone doesn’t receive the Official Jelly Bean Update. If you want to use the latest update of Android 4.2.2, you can do it via custom ROM. Before proceeding this tutorial, you must know one thing. This is not an official Update from LG for your Optimus Black. This is developed by some one in XDA Developers. It is based on CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM. So, it have all the functions in the CM 10.1 ROM. Here is a guide to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean JelllyBeer ROM on your LG Optimus Black P970.
The LG Optimus Black has comes with Android 2.2 Froyo as a default Operating system. You can upgrade your phone to Android 2.3 Gingerbread official in LG website. The phone has comes with 4 inch IPS Nova Display. And having 5 Mega Pixel Primary camera and 2 Mega Pixel Secondary camera. And the phone is one of the good phone which comes with 1 GHz Cortex A8 Processor.
Warning before installing JellyBeer ROM on LG Optimus Black P970:
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this ROM. If any problem happens that related to installing, we will help you to solve it.
- Use this guide at your own risk. We shall not have any liability or responsibility for whatever happens to you and your device by using the instructions in this guide.
- The instructions provided in this tutorial for educational purpose only. There is no guarantee that these steps will work for your device.
- The steps given in this tutorial is only to use with LG Optimus Black and the model number P970. Applying this guide to any other device or any other model may produce many problems.
- Read and Understand the whole tutorial first, before going to perform the steps.
Pre Requirements to Install Death Star ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4:
- A Rooted LG Optimus Black Android Smartphone. Check this – How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 Or if you have ICS – Root LG Optimus Black running ICS
- A PC or Laptop with Working Internet connection.
- Install Custom Recovery. Check this – How to Install ClockWorkMod Recovery on LG Optimus Black
- We recommend you to take a backup of your data in the mobile using PC suite or any other method. After the process, the data won’t be deleted. In case if you miss some data you can restore it from the backup file.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- Then maintain minimum 60% charge in your mobile’s battery. This will help your device to don’t get switched off.
- And Enable USB Debugging – “Settings > Developer Settings> USB Debugging”
- Then Disable any antiviruses and firewalls in your PC or Laptop. Because these tools may interrupts the process during the rooting.
Downloadable files to install Death Star on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505:
The following files are need to perform the process in the guide. So, download the following files one by one. And make sure that you have downloaded all the files. If the following download links were broken. Inform us to re post the download files.
- JellyBeer-v4.15-14APR2013-015206-p970.zip – (164.47 MB) – Here
- gappsUltrasound.zip – (94.19 MB) – Here
How to install JellyBeer ROM on LG Optimus Black P970:
- Connect your phone to PC or laptop with original USB Data cable. That you got when you bought the phone. Because using other cables may produce not detecting problems.
- Transfer the downloaded files to your mobile’s SD card.
- After that disconnect the phone from computer.
- Now open the ROM Manager app from the menu. And select the “Reboot into Recovery”.
- This will open the recovery page on your phone.
- Do the following: “Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes”
- Do the following: “Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes”
- Do the following: “Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes”
- Do the following: “Mounts and Storage > Format /system > Yes”
- After the above process, select the “Install Zip from SD card” and then “Choose zip from SD card”
- Now choose the downloaded JellyBeer ROM file “JellyBeer-v4.15-14APR2013-015206-p970.zip”.
- Then confirm it on next page. And wait for the process complete. It takes some long time to complete.
- After that again select the “Install Zip from SD card” and then “Choose zip from SD card”
- And now select the “gappsUltrasound.zip” file.
- And confirm it on next page and wait for the process finish.
- Then select “Go Back > Reboot System now” to reboot the phone.
- If your phone has stuck on the welcome screen or boot screen, just remove the battery and re insert it and do the above steps again.
You can get all the news and guides about LG optimus Black P970 – Here
Do share in comment section in case if you face any problems or met any errors in firmware update process. In future, we will update installing Custom ROM’s on your LG Optimus Black. So, stay updated. Now you have successfully learned how to update LG Optimus Black P970 with JellyBeer Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM.
Incoming search terms:
- lg p970 android 4 2 2
- lg p970 4 2 2
- lg optimus l5 android 4 2
- android 4 2 2 lg l5
- p970 rom
- p970 4 2 2
- lg optimus l5 4 2 2
- lg optimus black android 4 2
- rom lg p970
- custom rom lg l5 e612