HTC Desire HD is now received a Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom ROM named as taktiK. It have all major features in the KitKat version of Operating System. This is the first KitKat ROM for your HTC Desire HD mobile. The Android 4.4.2 Kitkat ROM for HTC Desire HD is from unknown developers. It is named as taktiK KitKat ROM. You can upgrade your phone to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Operating System by installing this custom ROM. It works fine while tested this on our device. Be aware before processing this tutorial that this is not an official update from HTC. This is a custom ROM from taktiK Developers. So, all credits goes to the taktiK Developers Team. First your device must be bootloader unlocked. Here is a guide to update your HTC Desire HD to Android 4.4.2 KitKat taktiK ROM.
Warning before installing Android 4.4.2 KitKat taktiK ROM on HTC Desire HD:
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this ROM. If any problem happens that related to installing, we will help you to solve it.
- Use this guide at your own risk. We shall not have any liability or responsibility for whatever happens to you and your device by using the instructions in this guide.
- The instructions provided in this tutorial for educational purpose only. There is no guarantee that these steps will work for your device.
- The steps given in this tutorial is only to use with HTC Desire HD. Applying this guide to any other device or any other model may produce many problems.
- Read and Understand the whole tutorial first, before going to perform the steps.
Pre Requirements to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat taktik ROM on HTC Desire HD:
- A Bootloader unlocked HTC Desire HD Android Smartphone.
- A PC or Laptop with Working Internet connection.
- We recommend you to take a backup of your data in the mobile using PC suite or any other method. After the process, the data won’t be deleted. In case if you miss some data you can restore it from the backup file.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- Then maintain minimum 60% charge in your mobile’s battery. This will help your device to don’t get switched off.
- And Enable USB Debugging – “Settings > Developer Settings> USB Debugging”. Check this – How to Enable USB Debugging in Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Then Disable any antiviruses and firewalls in your PC or Laptop. Because these tools may interrupts the process during the rooting.
taktiK ROM features:
- Graphics error in browser
- Graphics error in recent menu
- Mobile Data
Downloadable files to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat taktiK ROM on HTC Desire HD:
The following files are need to perform the process in the guide. So, download the following files one by one. And make sure that you have downloaded all the files. If the following download links were broken. Inform us to re post the download files.
- taktiK ROM – tt-4.4-20131213-R1-ace.zip (171.04 MB) – Here
- Gapps – pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131126-signed.zip (245.50 MB) – Here
How to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat tiktaK ROM on HTC Desire HD:
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot has configured on your computer. This is needed for this guide.
- Make sure Bootloader unlocked on your mobile.
- Connect your phone to PC or laptop with original USB Data cable. That you got when you bought the phone. Because using other cables may produce not detecting problems.
- Transfer the downloaded files to your mobile’s SD card.
- Copy the boot.img file into android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
- Switch off the mobile.
- Open in Bootloader / Fastboot Mode by pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN + POWER buttons together.
- Then Open android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools in Computer.
- Then Open Command prompt by Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Type the following command prompt and hit enter
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- And after that type the following and hit enter
- Then follow the simple onscreen instructions.
- After that, Reboot into recovery mode. For that, press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home buttons together.
- Do the following: “Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes”
- Do the following: “Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes”
- Do the following: “Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes”
- Do the following: “Mounts and Storage > Format /system > Yes”
- After the above process, select the “Install Zip from SD card” and then “Choose zip from SD card”
- Now choose the downloaded file “tt-4.4-20131213-R1-ace.zip”.
- Then confirm it and wait for the process complete. It takes some long time to complete.
- And again do the process for Google apps, select the “Install Zip from SD card” and then “Choose zip from SD card”
- Now choose the downloaded file “pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131126-signed.zip”
- And confirm it and wait for the process complete. It takes some long time to complete.
- Then select “Go Back > Reboot System now” to reboot the phone.
- Normally first boot take some long time to complete. It will install the updates on the first boot. So, wait un till it finishes the booting process.
- If your phone has stuck on the welcome screen or boot screen, just remove the battery and re insert it and do the above steps again.
You can get all the news and guides about HTC Desire HD – Here
You made it easily! taktiK Kitkat ROM has been successfully installed on your HTC Desire HD. If you face any kind of problem, trouble or have any issue that may be difficult to understand how to do it with this guide, then don’t stop to inform us. Do share in comment section in case if you face any problems or met any errors in firmware update process. Your problems, suggestions or any other issues will be clarified and the correct answer or solution for your problem will be given to your comment as soon as possible.
In future, we will update installing Custom ROM’s on your HTC Desire HD. So, stay updated with us by subscribing our newsletters, Facebook fan, Twitter follower, And Google Plus page. Now you have successfully learned how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat taktiK ROM on HTC Desire HD.
Incoming search terms:
- htc desire 516 update to kitkat
- htc 516 update to kitkat
- htc desire 516 custom rom
- custom Rom for HTC desire 516
- htc 516 update
- htc desire 516 kitkat rom
- htc desire 516 kitkat update
- htc desire 516 software update
- htc desire 516 custom rom download
- HTC desire 516 upgrade to kitkat