Unlocking Bootloader in Moto E will help you to root the phone and install Custom Recoveries like TWRP touch based and ClockWorkMod. This will also help you to try custom ROM’s specially developed for your device and some apps that need unlocked bootloader. The mobile have the capacity to do this kind of process in it. Please note that before going to perform this guide, Unlocking Bootloader will void your mobile’s warranty. We don’t have any kind of responsibility for this. Do it by your own risk. Though there is many methods available to do it. But we are advising you to do it with Motorola Site. We have compiled a step by step guide for you to easily achieve it.
If don’t know what is Bootloader in Motorola Moto E, here is it. It is a little bit of code and that tells to your mobile’s operating system about how to boot up. Some problems may be persists. Those are, Applications may not work, It could cause physical damage to your device, It may lose some key functions like telephone, radio, and audio playback, It may lose encryption support and it will lose all media and content on your device. The above problems are mentioned in the Motorola Site.
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this guide. If any problem happens that related to installing, we will help you to solve it.
- Unlocking the Bootloader will void your warranty of your phone.
- A Motorola Moto E android Mobile.
- A PC or Laptop with Working Internet connection.
- We recommend you to take a backup of your data in the mobile using PC suite or any other method. After the process, the data won’t be deleted. In case if you miss some data you can restore it from the backup file.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- Then maintain minimum 60% charge in your mobile’s battery. This will help your device to don’t get switched off.
- And Enable USB Debugging – “Settings > Developer Settings> USB Debugging”. Check this – How to Enable USB Debugging in Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Then Disable any antiviruses and firewalls in your PC or Laptop. Because these tools may interrupts the process during the installation.
How to Unlock Motorola Moto E Bootloader:
- Go to the Motoroal Bootloader unlock page – here
- Read all the warnings and risks.
- At the bottom of the page click the “Next” button.
- On the next page Sign in.
- Then Install the Android SDK on your Computer – here
- Then Install the Motorola Drivers on your PC – here
- Make sure you have done all the above steps.
- Now put your mobile into Fastboot Mode. For that Switch off the device, then Press and Hold the “Power + Volume Down” buttons together. Check this – How to Open Fastboot Mode in Motorola Moto E
- Now Open the Downloaded and extracted Android SDK Folder. Now you need to open the Command prompt window here. For that, Press and hold the “Shift” key and “right click” on mouse. Then choose the “Open Command window here”.
- Now type the following code:-
$ fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- Press Enter key.
- It will generate some keys. It will looks like the following format:-
$ fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- Now you need to combine those strings into one line. Remove the “(bootloader)” word. You only need the keys. And it will looks like the following:-
- Now move on to the Motorola Unlocking Bootloader page. You need to paste this code on 6th step. And click the “Can my device be unlocked?”.
- At the bottom of the page you will get a button “REQUEST UNLOCK KEY”. Agree the terms and conditions and click the option.
- Then Motorola will send you the key to your registered E-mail address that is used before signing up.
- You will get the 20 characters key. Now type the following command:-
fastboot oem unlock (20 characters key from mail)
- Replace the “(key)” with your 20 characters from your mail (without brackets).
- Then press enter.
- Now you will get the completed message in Command prompt and your phone will be rebooted.
You can get all our news and tutorials about your Moto E – here
Now you have successfully learned how to Unlock the Motorola Moto E Bootloader.
Incoming search terms:
- unlock bootloader moto e without pc
- how to unlock moto e bootloader without pc
- root moto e without unlocking bootloader
- how to unlock bootloader moto e without pc
- moto e bootloader unlock code
- moto e bootloader unlock without pc
- how to unlock bootloader of moto e without pc
- unlock moto e bootloader without pc
- moto e bootloader unlock
- moto e unlock bootloader without pc