Instagram users have the ability to share their reels with other apps, such as Whatsapp. Instead of sharing the video itself, this method only shares a link to the reel. Before, there were methods to download videos from Instagram straight to your device. However, that option is no longer available. In this detailed article, you will find How to share Instagram Reels or videos to Whatsapp Chats and Groups and then How to put Instagram reels as Whatsapp Status by sharing a link and without the link.
As one of the most popular social networking platforms, Instagram has been growing in popularity and use. Originally created as a photo-sharing app, Instagram has become a place where people can connect with others, share their lives, and discover new interests. With over 1 billion monthly active users, Instagram is a powerful tool for staying connected with friends and family, as well as for finding new friends and building community.
How to Share/Put Instagram Reels on WhatsApp Status (as a link):
- To share an Instagram reel with anyone or it might be any group on WhatsApp, just open the reel video on the insta app.
- After that, you can see the three-dot menu icon located in the right bottom side.
- The Share icon is located on the menu. Tapping it should bring up your mobile’s sharing options.
- To share on WhatsApp, tap the app option in the sharing options.
- After opening WhatsApp, click the “My status”.
- Instead of sharing the video directly, it will share a link like on person chat and group chats. After editing the details or adding a description, tap the send option. Now click the Next option on iOS or your iPhone.
How to Share Instagram Reels/Videos on WhatsApp Status Without the Link:
By using the steps above, you can share the Instagram reel status as a link. Keep in mind that people who have access to the link will only be able to see the video, not download it. The video can be posted as a WhatsApp status, for that you’ll need to do some additional steps.
- Open this link:- https://en.savefrom.net/
- And enter the Instagram reels video link. That should be copied from the Instagram reels share option as well.
- This will download the reels if the insta page is in public. If it’s a private account video, you need to use third-party downloader apps available in the google play store. For iOS/iPhones, you can use the screen recording option easily.
- After downloading, open WhatsApp and select the Status option. On the iOS, the Status menu will be at the bottom.
- At the top, Select the “My status”.
- The video you downloaded should be in the bottom Gallery/Photos area. If it’s not, tap on the gallery icon and choose the video there.
- Just choose what you want, add a caption if you’d like, setting up the time key frames, adjusting video lengths and then select “Send” to make an Instagram video or reels as your WhatsApp status.
Note: Instagram Reels have a maximum time limit of 90 seconds, whereas WhatsApp Status/Story only accepts 30 seconds. As a result, you may expect to post the reel video in multiple statuses if it is over 30 seconds long.
You can upload an insta reel to WhatsApp Status by selecting 30 seconds which comes as first. After uploading the reel, you should re-upload it as your status and change the time from 30 seconds to 60 seconds. Please note that if the reel video is longer than that, you will need to upload it again and choose the time frame option from 60 to 90 sec.
How to Share Instagram Reels on WhatsApp Chats and Groups:
You can share reels from the Instagram app to WhatsApp with ease. There are many ways to share videos on WhatsApp. The most common way is to send a video through WhatsApp to another person. There is also an option to share a video in a WhatsApp group.
- To share an Instagram reel with anyone on WhatsApp, open the reel on the app.
- In the bottom right corner of the reel, you will find a three-dot menu icon that you can tap now.
- From the menu, you can find the Share icon. You should be able to access the sharing options on your mobile device by tapping it.
- In the sharing options, tap WhatsApp.
- Whatsapp will open, and you can select any chat or group available. The top two will be the chats and groups you contact most frequently, followed by recent chats. If you didn’t find it, then use the search option.
- It’s possible to select multiple groups and chats. To send the message, you need to tap on the send icon. If you are using iOS, you can tap on the Next option at the bottom of the screen.
How to Send Instagram Reels Videos on WhatsApp Chats and Groups Without the Link(Download):
The above method works well but only sends the link to the original reel. The link opens on Instagram when the receiver opens it. This is how you can send the reel to anyone who is not a part of Instagram and you would like to send it to them. By doing this, you will allow people who are not on Instagram to see the reel video.
- Open this link:- https://en.savefrom.net/
- The Instagram reels video link should be copied from the share option.
- And paste the link to download the video.
- This will download the reels if the insta page is in public. If it’s a private account video, you need to use third-party downloader apps available in the google play store. For iOS/iPhones, you can use the screen recording option with ease.
- You can now attach files to chats on Whatsapp. Go to the Gallery option in the menu.
- Select the video file and send it.
Note: Whatsapp’s file size limit is 16MB. Keep in mind that your reels video file is lesser than this size. When you share a video in WhatsApp by downloading and sending the file, it is automatically saved to your phone. This can be a problem if you do not want to keep the video on your phone. To avoid this, you can delete the video from your phone after you have sent it.
You may also take a look at this:- How to make Whatsapp always Online
I hope you found the solution for your need. And please share your thoughts about this How to Share Instagram Reels on WhatsApp Status, Chats & Groups article in comments section.