ZTE Mustang Z998 mobile has been rooted by this guide easily. If you don’t know about the meaning for rooting, here is it. It allows other files or data from third party to access system files. This will give the function to do customization of user interface, some apps which also comes in Custom ROM. After rooting the ZTE Mustang phone, you can do any kind of process that need a root access for ROM installation, ClockWorkMod Recovery and some other apps that need a root access. Here is a guide to Root ZTE Mustang Z998.
Warning before rooting ZTE Mustang Z998:
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this guide.
- Rooting is voids your warranty of your phone.
- Rooting the phone will not flash the phone. So, you won’t lost the files after that.
- Use this guide at your own risk. We shall not have any liability or responsibility for whatever happens to you and your device by using the instructions in this guide.
- The instructions provided in this tutorial for educational purpose only. There is no guarantee that these steps will work for your device.
- The steps given in this tutorial is only to use with ZTE Mustang and the model number Z998. Applying this guide to any other device or any other model may produce many problems.
- Read and Understand the whole tutorial first, before going to perform the steps.
Pre Requirements to root ZTE Mustang Z998:
- A ZTE Mustang Z998 Android Smartphone.
- A working internet connection to download the rooting files.
- We recommend you to take a backup of your data in the mobile using PC suite or any other method. After the process, the data won’t be deleted. In case if you miss some data you can restore it from the backup file.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- Then maintain minimum 60% charge in your mobile’s battery. This will help your device to don’t get switched off.
- And Enable USB Debugging – Check this – How to Enable USB Debugging in Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Then Disable any antiviruses and firewalls in your PC or Laptop. Because these tools may interrupts the process.
Downloadable files to Root ZTE Mustang Z998:
The following files are need to perform the process in the guide. So, download the following files one by one. And make sure that you have downloaded all the files. If the following download links were broken. Inform us to re post the download files.
- CWM Recovery img – z998-cwm-recovery.img (7.80 MB) – Here
- Root and ClockWorkMod Recovery – Root_and_CWM_Recovery.zip (11 MB) – Here
How to Root ZTE Mustang Z998:
- Make sure that you have installed ADB drivers and Fastboot drivers installed on your Computer.
- Move the Downloaded file “z998-cwm-recovery.img” to “C:\”.
- Then transfer the downloaded file “Root_and_CWM_Recovery.zip” to the Phone’s SD Card.
- After that, connect your mobile to PC using original USB Data Cable that you got when you bought the phone. Because using other cables may produce not detecting problems.
- After that, Open the Command Prompt window (cmd.exe) and enter the following code,
adb reboot bootloader
- And press enter.
- Now your mobile will get a vibration. It indicates that your mobile is in Fastboot mode.
- Now enter the following code,
fastboot boot z998-cwm-recovery.img
- And press enter.
- Now your mobile will enter into Recovery mode.
- Now select the “Install Zip from SD card” and then “Choose zip from SD card”.
- Then you have to select the downloaded file “Root_and_CWM_Recovery.zip”.
- And confirm it on next page and wait for the process complete. It takes some long time to complete.
- Then select “Go Back > Reboot System now” to reboot the phone.
- Normally first boot take some long time to complete. It will install the updates on the first boot. So, wait untill it finishes the booting process.
- If your phone has stuck on the welcome screen or boot screen, just remove the battery and re insert it and do the above steps again.
Check our other guides too:-
You can get all our latest guides about ZTE Mustang Z998 – here
You made it easily! your ZTE Mustang Z998 has been successfully rooted. If you face any kind of problem, trouble or have any issue that may be difficult to understand how to do it with this guide, then don’t stop to inform us. Do share in comment section in case if you face any problems or met any errors in firmware update process. Your problems, suggestions or any other issues will be clarified and the correct answer or solution for your problem will be given to your comment as soon as possible.
In future, we will update installing Custom ROM’s on your mobile. So, stay updated with us by subscribing our newsletters, Facebook fan, Twitter follower, And Google Plus page. Now you have successfully learned how to root ZTE Mustang Z998.
Incoming search terms:
- root z998
- how to root zte z998
- how to root zte z998 without computer
- root ZTE Z998
- z998 rom telecharger
- Flashear Zte z998
- cwm recovery zte zip
- cwm file for zte z998
- zte z998 flash
- att z998 recovery sd card