Sony Xperia Neo L Android smartphone is now root with this guide. After rooting your Sony Xperia Neo L mt25i you can install Custom ROM, Custom Recovery and some other apps that need a root access to work. You can also install some other android version ROMs like Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) custom ROM’s too. If you don’t know about the meaning for rooting, here is it. It allows other files or data from third party to access system files. This will give the function to do customization of user interface, some apps which also comes in Custom ROM. You can root your phone running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) by flashing kernel method.
The Sony Xperia Neo L has comes with Android 4.0 ICS as a default operating system. The mobile have 5 Mega Pixel Primary camera with LED Flash. And also having a 0.3 Mega Pixel secondary camera. The phone has 4 inch TFT capacitve touch screen which helps for HD viewing. The device has 301 MB of internal storage and 512 MB of RAM. The phone is the one of the best android phone compared with other mobiles in its price range and also which comes with 1 GHz Qualcomm Scorpion.
Warning before Rooting Sony Xperia Neo L:
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this guide to root your phone. If any problem that related to rooting instructions, we will help you to solve it.
- Rooting is void your warranty of your phone.
- Use this guide at your own risk. We shall not have any liability or responsibility for whatever happens to you and your device by using the instructions in this guide.
- The instructions provided in this tutorial for educational purpose only. There is no guarantee that these steps will work for your device.
- The steps given in this tutorial is only to use with Sony Xperia Neo L and the model number is MT25i. Applying this guide to any other device or any other model may produce many problems.
- Read and Understand the whole tutorial first, before going to perform the steps.
Pre Requirements to Root Sony xperia Neo L MT25i:
- We recommend you to take a backup of your data in the mobile using PC suite or any other method. After rooting, the data won’t be deleted. In case if you miss some data you can restore it from the backup file.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- Then maintain minimum 60% charge in your mobile’s battery. This will help your device to don’t get switched off.
- And Enable USB Debugging – “Settings > Developer Settings> USB Debugging”
- Then Disable all antiviruses and firewalls in your PC or Laptop. Because these tools may interrupts the process during the rooting.
How to Root Sony Xperia Neo L:
- First make your phone to msc mode by Settings > Xperia > Connectivity > USB connection mode > msc mode
- Then enable unknown source by Settings > Security > Unknown source
- You need to install the drivers for your phone to connect to PC. Download the drivers or Install the Sony Mobile PC suite. It will install the drivers on your Computer.
- Download the Flash Tool – flashtool-0.9.9.0-windows.exe (106.73 MB) – Here
- Download the Sony Xperia Neo V kernel – MT11i_4.1.A.0.562_kernel.ftf (4.54 MB) – Here
- Then download Sony Xperia Neo L kernel – MT25i_4.1.B.0.626_KERNEL ONLY_bywewenk.ftf (4.47 MB) – Here
- Download the Doomlord’s Rooting toolkit – Here
- First install the Flash tool in C drive.
- Then copy the neo v kernel – MT11i_4.1.A.0.562_kernel.ftf- to C:/FlashTool/Firmwares
- Run the “flash tool” as an administrator.
- Now click on the “flash mode” icon on the top left (thunder icon) and choose “flash mode”.
- And then select the kernel.
- Then it will ask you to connect the phone to PC or Laptop.
- Switch off your phone and Press and hold the back button and connect the original USB cable. Because, using other data cable’s may produce not detecting problems.
- Once the tool completes the flashing, disconnect the phone from the Computer and reboot it.
- Your mobile will vibrate, but you don’t see anything while switch on the phone.
- Now connect the phone to computer with usb cable.
- Now open the downloaded doomlord folder.
- Then you can find “runme.bat” file. Just open with Administrator.
- At this process your phone will reboots many times. And finally the command prompt will say that, your phone is rooted.
- Now flash the latest Neo L kernel that downloaded earlier by flash tool as mentioned above.
- Also replace the neo v kernel with neo l kernel in C:/FlashTool/Firmwares
- If your phone has stuck on the welcome screen or boot screen, just remove the battery and re insert it and do the above steps again.
- If you want to check whether your phone has rooted or not, search Root Checker app in Google Play store and install it. Then open it and you can find it your phone rooted or not rooted. Or check your mobile’s app list. Super User app has been installed on your phone. If the Super User app is not there in your phone your mobile doesn’t rooted successfully.
You can get all the news and guides about Sony Xperia Neo L – Here
Do share in comment section in case if you face any errors or met any problems in firmware update process. In future, we will update installing Custom ROM’s on your Sony xperia Neo L. So, stay updated. Now you have successfully learned how to root Sony Xperia Neo L mt25i.
Incoming search terms:
- how to root sony xperia neo l
- root sony xperia neo l
- how to root xperia neo l
- how to root sony xperia neo l mt25i
- sony xperia neo l root
- mt25i root
- root xperia neo l
- how to root mt25i
- how to root xperia neo l mt25i
- sony xperia neo l mt25i root
Latest posts by Panneer Scully Boy Selvan (see all)
- How To Root Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 A121 - August 18, 2014
- How to Install Google Play Store App on Xiaomi Mi3, Mi4, Redmi 1S Note - August 14, 2014
- How to Enable USB Debugging & Developer Options in LG G3 - August 14, 2014