Motorola’s new budget android smartphone Moto E is now received the root method. You can easily gain root access by flashing SuperSU app on your mobile by custom recovery. So, first you need to install the TWRP recovery and then flash the SuperSU. Its a hard one for the new users of Android. Don’t worry about it. We have compiled a step by step guide for you to easily get a root access for your device. A user named as “deej_roamer” from XDA Developers forum has found this method. We are clearly inform you that, all the credits goes to the original developer. After rooting your mobile, you can do any kind of process that need a root access for ROM installation, ClockWorkMod Recovery, and some other apps that need a root access.
The Motorola Moto E is comes with the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Operating System. It has comes with 5 Mega Pixel Primary camera that supports 2592 ? 1944 Pixels and there is no secondary camera. It have the main feature of the 4.3 Capacitive Touch Screen that supports 540 x 960 Pixels. The mobile has the internal Memory of 4 GB and there is an external memory card slot also which supports up to 32 GB. And it comes with 1 GB of RAM which is much enough for playing high end graphics games and more apps. This is the one of the best budget android smartphone in market compared with other mobiles which is comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex A7 processor.
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this guide. If any problem happens that related to installing, we will help you to solve it.
- Rooting is voids your warranty of your phone.
- A Motorola Moto E Android Smartphone.
- A PC or Laptop with Working Internet connection.
- We recommend you to take a backup of your data in the mobile using PC suite or any other method. After the process, the data won’t be deleted. In case if you miss some data you can restore it from the backup file.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Then maintain minimum 60% charge in your mobile’s battery. This will help your device to don’t get switched off.
- And Enable USB Debugging – Check this – How to Enable USB Debugging in Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Then Disable any antiviruses and firewalls in your PC or Laptop. Because these tools may interrupts the process.
- TWRP recovery Image – moto_e_twrp22.214.171.124_v1.2.img (10.03 MB) – here
- Super SU – UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99.zip (1.18 MB) – here
How to Install TWRP Recovery & Root Motorola Moto E:
- Move the “UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99.zip” to the SD Card.
- Make sure you have installed USB drivers on your PC.
- First you need to unlock the bootloader. For that check this – How to Unlock Bootloader in Motorola Moto E
- Don’t delete the ADB folder that downloaded while unlocking the bootloader.
- Move the downloaded recovery img file to the ADB folder.
- Then Connect the phone to the Computer using the original USB Data Cable that you got it when you bought the phone. Using other kind of cables may not be detected by the PC or laptop. So only we are recommend you to use the original cable.
- Now reboot the phone in to Fastboot mode. For that, switch off the phone, Press and Hold the “Volume Down + Power” buttons together. Check this –How to Open Fastboot Mode in Motorola Moto E
- Now open the Command Prompt in the ADB folder. For that, Press and hold the Shift key then right click on the mouse. Then choose the Open Command Prompt here.
- Then Type the following command in Command Prompt:-
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Then it will install the Recovery on your mobile. After installation your device will be rebooted. If not, type the following:-
- To root the phone you have to flash the Super SU on Recovery. So, open the recovery by typing the following:-
adb reboot recovery
- Now select the option to install the zip file. Browse and select the Super SU file from the SD card that you moved earlier.
- Follow the instructions on your mobile.
- It will take some long time to complete the process.
- After the installation, reboot the phone.
- First boot takes some long time. Don’t worry about it.
- If your device stuck on the boot screen, re do the process again.
- If you want to check your phone is rooted or not, download and install the Root Checker app from Google play.
You can get all our coverages about Moto E news and Guides – here
Now you have successfully learned how to Install TWRP Recovery & Root Motorola Moto E.