LG Thrive Android smartphone is now root with this guide. After rooting your LG Thrive P506 you can install Custom Recovery, Custom ROMs and some other apps that need a root access to work. You can also install some other android version ROMs like Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) custom ROM too. If you don’t know about the meaning for rooting, here is it. It allows other files or data from third party to access system files. This will give the function to do customization of user interface, some apps which also comes in Custom ROM. You can root your phone running Android 2.2 Froyo or Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
The LG Thrive Android smartphone has comes with Android 2.2 Froyo as a default operating system. You can upgrade your phone to Android 2.3 Gingerbread from LG mobile support officially. And the handset has 3.2 Mega Pixel primary camera. The phone has another feature that, 3.2 inch Capacitive Touch Screen. The phone is one of the good android phone compared with other phones which comes 850 MHz processors.
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this guide to root your phone. If any problem that related to rooting instructions, we will help you to solve it.
- Rooting is void your warranty of your phone.
- Use this guide at your own risk. We shall not have any liability or responsibility for whatever happens to you and your device by using the instructions in this guide.
- The instructions provided in this tutorial for educational purpose only. There is no guarantee that these steps will work for your device.
- The steps given in this tutorial is only to use with LG Thrive and the model number is P506. Applying this guide to any other device or any other model may produce many problems.
- Read and Understand the whole tutorial first, before going to perform the steps.
Pre Requirements to Root LG Thrive P506:
- We recommend you to take a backup of your data in the mobile using PC suite or any other method. After rooting, the data won’t be deleted. In case if you miss some data you can restore it from the backup file.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- Then maintain minimum 60% charge in your mobile’s battery. This will help your device to don’t get switched off.
- And Enable USB Debugging – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”
- Then Disable all antiviruses and firewalls in your PC or Laptop. Because these tools may interrupts the process during the rooting.
How to Root LG Thrive P506:
- First Download the Gingerbreak App – Here
- After the download finished, just move the downloaded file to SD card of your mobile by connecting the phone to PC or Laptop with the use of original USB data cable.
- After that, remove the connection from Computer.
- Then open the download the app using any file manager to install the application.
- You need to enable the “Unknown source” option in the settings.
- After the application was installed correctly, open the app from your applications list.
- Then just press the “Root” option in that page.
- And you need to wait some minutes to complete the process. It normally takes little bit time.
- Once your phone is rooted correctly, your device will reboots automatically.
- If your phone has stuck on the welcome screen or boot screen, just remove the battery and re insert it and do the above steps again.
- If you want to check whether your phone has rooted or not, search Root Checker app in Google Play store and install it. Then open it and you can find it your phone rooted or not rooted. Or check your mobile’s app list. Super User app has been installed on your phone. If the Super User app is not there in your phone your mobile doesn’t rooted successfully.
You can get all the news and guides about LG Thrive P506 – Here
Do share in comment section in case if you face any errors or met any problems in firmware update process. In future, we will update installing Custom ROM’s on your LG Thrive P506. So, stay updated. Now you have successfully learned how to root LG Thrive P506.
Incoming search terms:
- root lg thrive p506
- root lg p506
- how to root my lg-p506 phone
- root software app for lg-p506 phone
- gingerbreak lg p506
- lg 506 gingerbreak
- lg p506 android update
- lg p 506 2 3 software update download
- kingroot app for lg-p506 phone
- root lg 506