LG Optimus G Pro Android smartphone is now root with this guide. After rooting your LG Optimus G Pro you can install Custom Recovery, Custom ROMs and some other apps that need a root access to work. Still there is no detailed root method is not available. We are tested this method in F240k Korean Models. Just you can try it, all the models have similar hardware changes. So, it may work on your device too. If you don’t know about the meaning for rooting, here is it. It allows other files or data from third party to access system files. This will give the function to do customization of user interface, some apps which also comes in Custom ROM. Here is a guide to Root LG Optimus G Pro.
The LG Optimus G Pro has comes with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean as a default Operating System. Some new version updates will be released in feature. It has 5.5 inch True Full HD IPS Plus LCD capacitive touchscreen that supports 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. And it comes with 13 Mega Pixel Primary camera with LED Flash and 2.1 Mega Pixel Secondary Camera. The phone has 1.7 GHz Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon Processor. And the phone has 32 GB of Internal Memory and have an external slot that supports 64 GB. The phone also comes with 2 GB of RAM. This is the one of the best phone which is the best competitor for Samsung Galaxy S4.
Warning before rooting LG Optimus G Pro:
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this guide to root your phone. If any problem that related to rooting instructions, we will help you to solve it.
- Rooting is void your warranty of your phone.
- Use this guide at your own risk. We shall not have any liability or responsibility for whatever happens to you and your device by using the instructions in this guide.
- The instructions provided in this tutorial for educational purpose only. There is no guarantee that these steps will work for your device.
- The steps given in this tutorial is only to use with LG Optimus G Pro and the model number is F240K. Applying this guide to any other device or any other model may produce many problems.
- Read and Understand the whole tutorial first, before going to perform the steps.
Pre Requirements to Root LG Optimus G Pro:
- A LG Optimus G Pro Android Smartphone.
- A PC or Laptop with Working Internet connection.
- We recommend you to take a backup of your data in the mobile using PC suite or any other method. After the process, the data won’t be deleted. In case if you miss some data you can restore it from the backup file.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- Then maintain minimum 60% charge in your mobile’s battery. This will help your device to don’t get switched off.
- And Enable USB Debugging – “Settings > Developer Settings> USB Debugging”
- Then Disable any antiviruses and firewalls in your PC or Laptop. Because these tools may interrupts the process during the rooting.
Downloadable files to Root LG Optimus G Pro:
The following files are need to perform the process in the guide. So, download the following files one by one. And make sure that you have downloaded all the files. If the following download links were broken. Inform us to re post the download files.
- LG Optimus G Pro Root – (1.5 MB) – Here
How to Root LG Optimus G Pro:
- First your PC or Laptop have installed USB drivers to connect your phone. So, download and install it from LG website. If you installed LG PC suite or support tool, then it automatically installs the USB drivers also.
- Make sure you have enabled USB debugging mode in the phone.
- Connect your phone to PC using Original USB cable that you got when you bought the phone. Because, using other cables may produce not detecting problems.
- Connect in Software mode.
- Extract the files in the downloaded folder.
- Run the root.bat file from the folder.
- Now command prompt will be open.
- Then follow the on screen instructions.
- After a few minutes your phone will be rooted and reboots the phone.
- If your phone has stuck on the welcome screen or boot screen, just remove the battery and re insert it and do the above steps again.
- If you want to check whether your phone has rooted or not, search Root Checker app in Google Play store and install it. Then open it and you can find it your phone rooted or not rooted. Or check your mobile’s app list. Super User app has been installed on your phone. If the Super User app is not there in your phone your mobile doesn’t rooted successfully.
You can get all the news and Guides by our coverage about LG Optimus G Pro – Here
Do share in comment section in case if you face any problems or met any errors in firmware rooting process. In future, we will update installing Custom ROM’s on your LG Optimus G Pro. So, stay updated. Now you have successfully learned how to root LG Optimus G Pro.