LG Optimus Black running Android 4.0 ICS smartphone is now root with this guide. After rooting your LG Optimus Black P970 you can install Custom ROM, Custom Recovery, Unlock Bootloader and some other apps that need a root access to work. You can also install some other android version ROMs like Android 4.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM’s too. If you don’t know about the meaning for rooting, here is it. It allows other files or data from third party to access system files. This will give the function to do customization of user interface, some apps which also comes in Custom ROM. You can root your phone running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) by Unlock Root tool.
The LG Optimus Black has comes with Android 2.2 Froyo as a default Operating system. You can upgrade it to Android 2.3 Gingerbread or Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. We have previously posted a guide about how to install official ICS on LG Optimus Black P970. The phone has comes with 4 inch IPS Nova Display. And having 5 Mega Pixel Primary camera and 2 Mega Pixel Secondary camera. And the phone is one of the good phone which comes with 1 GHz Cortex A8 Processor.
Warning Before Rooting LG Optimus Black P970 running Official Android 4.0 ICS:
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this guide to root your phone. If any problem that related to rooting instructions, we will help you to solve it.
- Rooting is void your warranty of your phone.
- Use this guide at your own risk. We shall not have any liability or responsibility for whatever happens to you and your device by using the instructions in this guide.
- The instructions provided in this tutorial for educational purpose only. There is no guarantee that these steps will work for your device.
- The steps given in this tutorial is only to use with LG Optimus Black and the model number is P970. Applying this guide to any other device or any other model may produce many problems.
- Read and Understand the whole tutorial first, before going to perform the steps.
Pre Requirements to Root LG Optimus Black running Official Android 4.0 ICS:
- We recommend you to take a backup of your data in the mobile using PC suite or any other method. After rooting, the data won’t be deleted. In case if you miss some data you can restore it from the backup file.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- Then maintain minimum 60% charge in your mobile’s battery. This will help your device to don’t get switched off.
- And Enable USB Debugging – “Settings > Developer Settings> USB Debugging”
- Then Disable any antiviruses and firewalls in your PC or Laptop. Because these tools may interrupts the process during the rooting.
How to Root LG Optimus Black P970 on ICS:
- First Download the Unlock Root Tool – Here
- Then install it on your PC.
- And also make sure you have installed lg mobile drivers on your PC. If not, download and install it from lg mobile support website.
- Open the Unlock Root Application on your PC.
- Then connect your phone to PC via original USB cable that you got it when you bought the phone. Because, using other cables may produce not detecting problem.
- Then click on the root button in the unlock root application.
- After that, it will display a list of connected devices. Select the LG Optimus Black.
- Then it will start the rooting process.
- Once completed, it will display a message on the PC that the rooting process is finished.
- Then reboot the phone.
- If your phone has stuck on the welcome screen or boot screen, just remove the battery and re insert it and do the above steps again.
- If you want to check whether your phone has rooted or not, search Root Checker app in Google Play store and install it. Then open it and you can find it your phone rooted or not rooted. Or check your mobile’s app list. Super User app has been installed on your phone. If the Super User app is not there in your phone your mobile doesn’t rooted successfully.
You can get all the news and guides about LG Optimus Black P970 – Here
Do share in comment section in case if you face any problems or met any errors in firmware update process. In future, we will update installing Custom ROM’s on your LG Optimus Black. So, stay updated. Now you have successfully learned how to root LG Optimus Black P970 running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS).