LG Lucid 4G running Android 4.0 ICS now can easily root with this guide. After rooting your LG Lucid 4G VS840, you can install Custom Recovery, Custom ROM’s, and some other apps that need a root access. Some people don’t know about what is rooting? Here is the answer. Rooting allows other files or data from third party to access the system files. This will provide the function to do customization of user interface, some apps which also comes in Custom ROM.
Though the LG Lucid 4G smartphone has comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread as an operating system by default. After a long period, The Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade was announced officially to update its firmware. The features are, 5 Mega Pixel Camera with LED flash and also have a secondary camera too. And comes with 4 inch LED IPS Capacitive touch screen having 480 x 800 pixels with Corning Gorilla Class. And having 8 GB of internal storage and 1 GB of RAM. This is one of the smartest phone which have 1.2 GHz Dual Core Processor.
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this guide to root your phone. If any problem happened that related to rooting instructions, we will help you to solve it.
- Rooting is void the warranty of your phone.
- Use this guide at your own risk. We shall not have any liability or responsibility for whatever happens to you and your device by using the instructions in this guide.
- The instructions provided in this tutorial for educational purpose only. There is no guarantee that these steps will work for your device.
- The steps given in this tutorial is only to use with LG Lucid 4G and the model number is VS840. Applying this guide to any other device or any other model may produce many problems.
- Read and Understand the whole tutorial first, before going to perform the steps.
Pre Requirements to Root LG Lucid 4G running Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS):
- We recommend you to take a backup of your data in the mobile using PC suite or any other method. After rooting the mobile, the data won’t be deleted. In case if you miss some data you can restore it from the backup file.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- And maintain minimum 60% charge in your mobile’s battery. This will help your device to don’t get switched off.
- Then Enable USB Debugging – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”
- After that Disable all antiviruses and firewalls in your PC or Laptop. Because these tools interrupts the process during the rooting.
How to Root LG Lucid 4G on ICS Android 4.0:
- Download the LG Lucid 4G rooting package in your PC or Laptop – Here
- Then you need a USB driver to connect your device with PC or Laptop. So, download the USB drivers from LG mobile support web site and install it.
- Then extract the downloaded zip file.
- After that open the extracted folder.
- Open the “RunMe” named file which have “.bat” extension.
- After that connect your phone with PC or Laptop with Original USB Data Cable which got with your phone. Because, using other USB cables may not detecting your device with PC.
- After all the steps done, you will need to press Enter key to root your mobile.
- It takes some more time to finish the rooting process. After the rooting process is done, your device will be rebooted.
- If your phone has stuck on the welcome screen or boot screen, just remove the battery and re insert it and do the above steps again.
- If you want to check whether your phone has rooted or not, search Root Checker app in Google Play store and install it. Then open it and you can find it your phone rooted or not rooted. Or check your mobile’s app list. Super User app has been installed on your phone. If the Super User app is not there in your phone your mobile doesn’t rooted successfully.
You can get all the news and guides about LG Lucid 4G – Here
Do share in comment section in case if you met any errors or face any problems in firmware update process. In future, we will update installing Custom ROM’s on your LG Lucid 4G VS840. So, stay connected. Now you have successfully learned how to root LG Lucid 4G.