Windows 8 style rom is now available to install on Samsung Galaxy Y. After installing the custom ROM, your phone will looks like windows phone 8. The ROM is named as Monochromatic. The ROM includes everything looks like a windows operating system. It includes messaging app, dialer app and also launcher. Here is a guide to update your phone with Monochromatic Windows 8 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y.
The Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 is normally comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread as an Operating System. There is no official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade from Samsung mobile Support. Because the phone’s hardware configuration is not supported for the upgrade. The Phone is comes with 800 MHz processor, 3.2 Mega pixel camera, Capacitive touch Screen. Galaxy Ace s5360 is capable to run Windows phone 8 custom ROM.
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this ROM. If any problem happens that related to installing, we will help you to solve it.
- Use this guide at your own risk. We shall not have any liability or responsibility for whatever happens to you and your device by using the instructions in this guide.
- The instructions provided in this tutorial for educational purpose only. There is no guarantee that these steps will work for your device.
- The steps given in this tutorial is only to use with Samsung Galaxy Y and the model number is S5360. Applying this guide to any other device or any other model may produce many problems.
- Read and Understand the whole tutorial first, before going to perform the steps.
- First your mobile must be rooted. Check this – How to root Samsung Galaxy Y
- Then install ClockWorkMod custom Recovery. Check this – How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Y
- We recommend you to take a backup of the data in your phone. After installing the ROM, all the files and data will be deleted.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- Then maintain minimum 60% charge in your phone’s battery. This will help you to don’t get switched of your phone.
- And disable any antivirus and firewalls too.
How to install Monochromatic Windows 8 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y:
- Download the ROM Monochromatic WP8 5.7.1 SYNERGY (NO KERNEL).zip – Here
- Then connect your phone with PC using USB cable and transfer the downloaded file to your mobile’s SD card.
- After that disconnect your phone from Computer.
- Switch off your phone and reboot in recovery mode.
- To open recovery mode in your mobile, press HOME + VOLUME UP + POWER button together.
- You can use Volume Up and Down keys to navigate and Home button to select an option.
- Then do wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, dalvik cache and format cache, format data, format system in the recovery.
- After that, select “Install Zip from SD card” then in next page select “Choose zip from SD card”
- Then select the downloaded zip file. And in next page confirm the selection.
- Wait for the process finish.
- In few minutes your phone will display a message completed in recovery mode.
- After that, select “Go back” option and then “reboot system now” to reboot your device.
- Note: First time boot will take some long time. It will install the ROM updates on first time restarting phone. It takes some minutes to show the home screen on first time.
You can get all the news and Guides about Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 – Here
Do share in comment section in case if you face any errors or met any problems in firmware update process. In future, we will update installing Custom ROM’s on your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. So, stay updated. Now you have successfully learned how to install Monochromatic Windows 8 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y.
Incoming search terms:
- windows 8 rom for galaxy y
- windows 8 for galaxy y
- windows 8 rom for android
- windows 8 custom rom for galaxy y
- windows 8 for samsung galaxy y
- custom rom galaxy y windows 8
- monochromatic rom for galaxy y
- windows 8 galaxy y
- windows 8 rom
- windows 8 on galaxy y