Do you want to know the IP Address of your PC (Mac, Windows, Linux), iPhone, iPad and Android device? You came into the right place. First of all, you must learn what is the IP address. It’s simple. Whenever you connect your device to any other network such as local area connection, Internet broadband, your device gets an address of the location on the connected network. Your printer, Android or iPhone smartphones, Tablets also gets an IP address in the format of 188.8.131.52.
In the IP address, the numbers were divided into 4 parts. All 4 parts have a maximum of 3 digits. The first 2 parts are same in the home network. And the third part should be different as per the router. And the last part is a unique number from 0 to 255.
The IP address is only available in your Android, iPhone, iPad or PC when it is connected to a router which helps to connect the internet or local area network for printer, scanner and other computers. And you will get two kinds of Internet Protocol addresses. Those are Private IP and Public IP.
The Public IP address is easily accessible by Internet. And Private IP is not. Example: Router have the Public IP. Computers and other devices connected to the router have the Private IP. At the end, you might have the question that, Where do I find my IP address? check the below guide for all of your devices.
Where Do I Find My IP Address? – Windows, Android, iPhone, iPad:
How to Find Public IP address using Search engine:
- Open the Google.
- And Enter the “ip address”.
- Hit the search button.
- Then you will get the External or Public IP address of your device at the top of the search list.
- This is your modem address which is seen by the Internet. While you are surfing the websites, you will assign to this address.
Using Router settings to find the Public IP:
- You need to open the router settings page.
- Most routers like D-Link, TP-Link, Digisol, Netgear are have the 192.168.1.1 web address as the settings page. So, Open the browser on your device and enter the above address.
- Open the status page. It may vary from your settings page.
- Then you will find it under the status page.
- This was assigned to you by your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Using Network connections to find Private IP in Windows:
- Open control Panel > View network status and tasks.
- Then choose the type internet connection under “View your active networks”.
- Then you will get a status window of the connection.
- Then click the “details” button.
- And you can find the private address in the “IPv4 Address” field.
- You can also do it by entering the “ipconfig” command in the command prompt.
- If you using Snow Leopard, then go to the “Network preferences > Advanced”.
- Click the “TCP/IP” and you will get the details in the “Router” section.
- If you using the Yosemite, then open the terminal by “Go > Utilities > Terminal”.
- Then enter the following command “netstat -nr | grep default”
- You need to open the terminal.
- Open it from distribution’s Utilities folder or press the “Ctrl + Alt + T”.
- Enter the following “sudo ip addr show”
- Then you will get the Private IP address for your linux system.
Find your IP address in iPhone or iPad:
- You need to open the WiFi settings. For that “Settings > Wi-Fi”.
- Now tap on the “i” icon at the right of the connected internet connection.
- Then you will get the Router address and your mobile’s IP address too.
Check your Android mobile or tablet IP address:
- The option to Track IP address in the Android also same as iPhone.
- Open the WiFi settings. “Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi”
- Then tap on the connected network, you will get the address of your router and your mobile’s IP address.
Through online sites:
Some sites are offering to find your IP address online.
We hope that this above guide was helping you to get the needed result easily. There are many methods available in the market. But, I have picked the easy steps for you to do without any knowledge. These were very simple to know if you are a beginner. There are many new updates came on Android, iOS and Windows. The option may be different on your device or computer. But the method is same. So, what you think and share it on the comment section about this guide Where Do I Find My IP Address? – Windows, iPhone, iPad, Android and Linux.
Incoming search terms:
- how do i find my ip address on my network
- how to find my ip adress in my android lolipop